Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I’m Lauren. Cravings Gone Clean sprung from my love of experimenting in the kitchen. I love food, have quite the sweet tooth, and am a little obsessed with breakfast food. Lately I’ve been challenging myself to post a variety of recipes that include many delicious savory dishes as well.
I grew up struggling with my weight, and explored a variety of diets that left me feeling way too deprived. Luckily, the more I learned, what began as being ‘weight conscious’ evolved into being ‘health conscious’, and then my weight fell into place. I also discovered a love of exercise along the way, and I even became a personal trainer.
Rather than avoiding desserts and foods that feel indulgent, I seek to create shockingly healthy recipes that cater to my (and hopefully your) cravings, while contributing to our overall health. This blog is all about eating very healthfully and not ever feeling deprived!
I’m taking this love of good food to the next level by currently studying to be a holistic nutritionist. The most exciting part of what I’m learning is how much control you really do have over your own health—it’s quite amazing! I try to infuse each post with some nutritional knowledge.
When I create recipes, I’m always seeking to have:
- No guilt! If it’s not healthy enough to have every day, I probably don’t want to eat it.
- Balanced macronutrients (meaning healthy carbs, healthy fats, and protein)
- Ingredients rich in fiber
- No refined flour and sugar. Actually, I try to avoid any processed sugar. I use fruit and dates a lot, and lately some stevia. Sometimes honey, agave or maple syrup, but not too often. Sugar creeps into my recipes most easily in the form of chocolate, but then it’s dark and full of flavonoids.
- Some vegan options—though I’m not vegan, I find seeking out vegan recipes helps to increase my veggie intake.
I recently turned this blog into a bakery venture, where I sell Shockingly Healthy Brownies . If you’re in Toronto, order a dozen!
Thanks for checking out my little corner of the web. Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think of my creations. Hearing from my readers always makes my day!